The 2nd annual GBTC track event will be held Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at Amherst High School in Amherst NY. This year the club will offer two distances; the 5000 meter and 1 mile.
The event will consist of 2 heats for the 5000 and 2 heats for the 1 mile. Additional heats will be added if needed. Runners will be assigned a start time based on a recent 5k or 1 mile finishing time they submit. The results of the heats will be combined to determine the overall, masters and age group awards.
6:30 p.m. – Open mile. Runners expecting to run a 6:00 or greater pace per mile.
6:45 p.m. – Elite mile. Runners expecting to run under a 6:00 pace.
7:00 p.m. – Open 5000 meters. Runners expecting to finish in over 21 minutes.
7:30 p.m. – Elite 5000 meters. Runners expecting to finish in under 21 minutes.
These times are subject to change based on the number of race day entries and the need to add or consolidate heats.
- $10 through July 31; add $6 for optional cotton T-shirt
- $15 from August 1 to August 6; add $6 for optional cotton T-shirt
- Enter one race or both for only one entry fee
- Registration fees are non-refundable and nontransferable
*** Packet pick-up race-day only starting at 5:00 p.m. at Amherst High School
- First male and female finishers
- First male and female masters finishers
- First finisher in 5-year age groups
Post race refreshments.